Friday 11 March 2016

Bottomless boozy brunch at Avenue, St James, London

There is no denying that bottomless boozy brunches are still gaining popularity – the idea of combining brunch (one of the best meals of the day) and booze is a wonder child. The good news with them increasing in popularity isn’t just the fact you have legitimately have prosecco with  your eggs benedict or a bloody Mary with your pancakes, but that places are doing them bigger and better!



Just after Christmas I blogged about Shoreditch’s Forge and Co. Great prices and a decent helping on the bottomless prosecco for two hours!

Well today I am going to blog about Avenue, in London’s St James area. 



As you would expect from a restaurant near the Ritz in London’s Maryfair area, this place was sophisticated brunching, the menu is slightly more expensive than some, but £23.50 for 2 courses (£26 for 3 courses) and £15 for a glass of prosecco that is dutifully topped up throughout your 2 hour sitting, it’s a very decent offer.





For my first course I opted for the delicious chorizo, egg and potato rosti. A falvour combination that will never disappoint.
My second course was an American classic of buttermilk waffles and crispy bacon. If I am going to be picky, the waffles were a little too overcooked for me, needing brute force to stick the knife in.




The girls opted for equally tasty choice of buttermilk chicken burger, mac and cheese (and seeing as I polished this off for Charlie, I know its good), pecan pie and cheesecake (again, I polished this off for Kris so I know its good).

me (left) and the girls enjoying brunch

With friendly staff, delicious food, generous refills and a cheerful ambience, this is a place to recommend for brunch (and prosecco) lovers!


X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment