Sunday 25 October 2015

A simple, delicious kale 'pate'

When kale hit the health world a few years ago, I feel in love with this green stuff. Ok, so it is a bit smelly (sorry to the peeps in my office) but it is tasty and nutritious, 


olive oil adds flavour and good fats 

I've fried it, baked it into "crisps", added it to stews and made salads from it. But then I started to run out of ideas. That is until I made it into a spread! A tasty, fragrant and versatile spread. 


creamy and tasty 

Here is how to make this kale spread...


100g kale
1 egg (boiled)
½ shallot
½ clove garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil



Blanch the kale for a couple of minutes until it is soft, but don’t boil it to death.

To keep the delicious green colour, plunge it into ice cold water. 
Drain the excess water

Make sure all the water is squeezed out of the kale and pop this in to a food processor. 
Add the other ingredients and blitz, blitz until smooth and creamy. 

Add more olive oil or lemon juice if the consistency isn’t looking smooth enough. Season well








This is delicious stuffed into chicken or as a side of a main dish, But it also adds bit more of a punch to veggie dishes. Like these stuffed mushrooms... 

I stuffed 4 large mushrooms with the delicious kale spread, crumbed on feta and then grilled until that golden brown colour appears. 






I served my stuffed mushrooms with rocket, lentil and roasted veg. A healthy and tasty veggie meal but one that is still filling and exciting! 

Enjoy 

X x X



No comments:

Post a Comment