Sunday 15 March 2015

Raw cookie dough protein balls

Regular readers of my blog or followers on instagram will know I love balls! Protein balls that is! I have experimented with loads of combos of flavours over the past 12 months or so. Energy dense, nutritional and protein packed, these are a fantastic snack. 


nutty and packing the protein 


each one is about 100 cal 


I also enjoy munching on these when I need a sweet fix and am avoiding sugary snacks like chocolate.   

This recipe is taken from The Kitchn, and they taste great. I don't think they taste quite as cookie dough as I hoped but they are still tasty nonetheless. 

Here is what you need to make these:



this is it! 

I added a teaspoon of maca for good measure 



1 cup of cashews (or cashew butter)
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1/4 tsp of salt
13 tbsp of agave nectar or honey
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
4 squares of 90% dark chocolate (I used Lindt)
Handful of cacao nibs




Combine the cashews, oats and salt in a food processor and pulse into a fine meal

Add the agave nectar/honey and vanilla extract to the cashew mixture. Pulse again until it comes together in a dough-like mixture 

Add the chocolate squares and cacao nibs and pulse a few times just to roughly chop up the chocolate in to the mixture 

Take a large pinch of the raw dough and roll in to a ball with the palms of your hands. Pop these onto a tray (feel free to line with greaseproof paper) and pop in to the fridge to set



ready for the fridge 


cookie dough protein balls 



These will keep quite happily in the fridge for a week or so. I love keeping a batch of protein balls in the fridge for when I need a quick energy fix as these are so dense and filling. They are also doing a great job at satisfying my sweet tooth (which has been particularly bad atm). 

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment