Monday 12 January 2015

Rocket and potato green soup - vegan and dairy free

The other day I made a delicious rocket and potato soup, the perfect winter warmer. I would like to say I was being creative but in fact my bag of rocket that I had bought and opened only that morning, was already going off. Not being one for wanting to throw away a pound, I was determined to use up the rocket before it completely wilted (is it just me of is Sainsbury’s veg useless and doesn’t last long).  
delicious and creamy 

Anyway, this is such a simple recipe and hopefully you’ll have all the ingredients at home – it is basically onion, potato, rocket and garlic! There is no hidden fat, sugar or salt in this but tastes great! I basically looked in to fridge and scrambled together a few bits.


a healthy dose of green! 


Ingredients:
Olive oil
½ white onion, chopped
1 potato, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 bay leaf
1 pint of vegetable stock
Bag of rocket
Seasoning


just a few simple ingredients 

not the most appetising look I know 

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and potato until softened

Add the garlic, seasoning and bay leaf and sauté for a few more minutes

Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for about 20 minutes
When cooked, add the rocket for the last minute, just so it wilts in to the soup
Once cooked, leave the soup for a few minutes to cool before you blend with a food processor

bursting full of nutrients 

I served mine with a granary roll. The perfect light lunch or dinner for winter!!!

The soup although completely dairy free, is so creamy and thick! I froze a batch for another day and this was fine once re-heated although did have bit of a rubbery consistency so don’t be weirded out.




fill up on rocket! 

This is the perfect January detoxer - rocket is detoxifying and cancer fighting, as well as being anti-inflammatory and we all know garlic will help ward off those colds! 

Tuck in! 


X x X 

No comments:

Post a Comment