Saturday 17 January 2015

Customised shoes - red strappy heels with a touch of fluff

Last week me and a few friends had a "crafternoon"... an afternoon of making and creating, cutting and  sticking and generally making a mess with glitter all in the name of getting arty. 

Fuelled with a shit load of tea, we set to work. 


ta-dah

I had been meaning to customise my battered red strappy heels now for some time. I don't know if you have noted but fluff is all the rage at the moment, even on shoes - it is like we've stepped back in to the 90s (Cher from 'Clueless' would be proud) and I LOVE IT! 

However, with shoes from the likes of River Island and ASOS clocking in at £40, I decided to be tight and make my own! 


dirty and not in a good way 

I bought these red strappy shoes from Primark ages ago but they are worn to death and the straps are looking pretty mucky now. They were heading in to the bin until I realised that these would be the perfect shoes to customise with some fluff!!! 


totally OTT and adorable 



You'll need less than half a meter of fluff, which usually sells for around 30p, so much better than s pair of new pre-made shoes from the shops!!!

All you need is a pair of shoes, a glue gun and some fluff...



equipment - that's it! 


I simply spread some hot glue from the glue gun across the strap, in a zig zag manner, and carefully stuck the strip of fluff on bit by bit. 


getting to work 


Turning my shoes from old to new...



from this...

...to this 


I absolutely love them and can't wait to wear them!!! They seem a little impractical (these are not for sticky club floors or wet weather) so think these are a sophisticated dinner shoe... just need the  Boy to take me for a meal out now to show them off! 

For more creativity inspo on my blog, check out the "getting creative page" 

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment