Wednesday 24 September 2014

Peanut butter and choc chip chunky chewy cookies

For the last few months I have been helping my friend Heidi with a few bake sales. Whilst it’s great to do something for charity etc etc etc, I actually enjoyed the chance to get out the pinny and get baking! I also tried a few new recipes and flavours, such as lemon ream butterfly cupcakes, Mars bar chewy chocolate cakes, mocha and peanut butter swirl cake, sweet and savoury courgette muffins, and my favourite, toffee popcorn cheesecake cupcakes!!! 

My latest addition to my creations are these tasty peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.

delicious cookie time 


They are so chewy and sweet, I have to warn you that they are a little addictive so prepare to break the diet.

I used smooth peanut butter, but this recipe could work just as well with crunchy.

These are so easy to make too and take next to no time to make!
Here’s how.


Ingredients...

125 grams of butter, softened
100 grams of light brown soft sugar
125 grams of caster sugar
225 grams of self raising flour
½ teaspoon of salt
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract
2 heaped tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
100g chocolate chips 


I could eat this out the bowl like this! 



First up, pre heat the oven to 180 degrees

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars - once creamed, add the egg and vanilla

Next sift in the flour and salt and mix together

Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter and mix well

Get the whole of the cookie mixture and roll into a very thick sausage (about the diameter of a mug) and slice into 12 or so cookies




I love sunpat peanut butter 
this is what I call cookie dough! 


Using the palm of your hand, press them down. I think it really doesn’t matter that the cookies aren’t perfectly circular, I think that the jiggered edges gives a little character!


Place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and bake for 7 -8 minutes. I know it doesn’t sound very long and when you take them out they will look a little undercooked, but leave them a minute or two to cool and transfer to a wire rack.



just press down but not too thin
a drizzle of syrup for added naughtiness 

As the cookies set, they will harden up and look more “cooked” but remain doughy and chewy, which is my mind is the perfect cookie consistency.

get 'em whilst they are hot! 

How easy is that! About as easy as it is to scoff the whole batch!

X x X 




No comments:

Post a Comment