Monday 11 May 2015

Homemade tomato salsa recipe

I don't know if this is technically Summer but the weather is certainly getting warmer which means...BBQ SEASON!!!!

So with that in mind I want to share a recipe with you that I made for my nan's BBQ last year that went down a storm! I will definitely be whipping up this again for her BBQs this year. 

To contribute to the BBQ spread, I made a delicious homemade salsa. Normally I'm a lazy salsa eater and buy the shop bought stuff, but it is sooooo incredibly easy to make your own in fact. I'm definitely converted to homemade salsa only. It is like comparing a BMW with a Skoda (sorry Skoda).



salsa certainly brightens up the food table! 


To make a batch of delicious salsa you will need...


4-5 ripe tomatoes

1 red onions finely chopped
Juice of half a lemon
Handful of chopped coriander
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Tablespoon of white wine vinegar and red wine vinegar


fresh, natural, tasty ingredients 

In a large bowl, add the tomatoes and cover with boiling water for a couple of minutes  This will help loosen the skins so you can easily peel the skins

Once they've been peeled, chop the tomatoes up as finely as possible. Add to a large bowl along with a finely copped red onion


For the dressing, add the lemon juice, olive oil and two vinegars. Also add the chopped coriander and mix well.

Leave in the fridge for a few hours before serving

chop as fine as possible 
the perfect summer BBQ side dish 
my cousin Jonny tucking in

How easy is that! 

Plus it is so healthy ...
Tomatoes are also an excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum, and vitamin K. They are also a very good source of dietary fibre, vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E, and phosphorus.

This is such a great summer side dish, perfect for summer BBQs as it goes so well with grilled meats, crackers and salads. I was munching mine with crispy pitta chips!

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment