Saturday 5 July 2014

chocolate and mint oaty snack slice - raw and vegan! (makes a tasty dessert too!)

One of my resolutions for 2014 was to cut down on naughty sugary snacks such as chocolate bars, biscuits and cakes. But as hard as I try, sometimes there are times where I am craving something SWEET! And sometimes that sweet HAS to be chocolate!!!


mint and chocolate is a great combo 


To curb this I have been trying to make my own homemade sweet recipes, such as protein balls. However a few weeks ago I bought a packet of raw cocoa powder and have since had a little hallelujah moment as I have now been experimenting and making delicious dessert recipes using this little wonder product. The result – satisfying my chocolate sweet tooth without damaging myself with sugar.

So today I am sharing with you my delicious recipe for chocolate and mint oaty bars!

And as they are raw and no bake, it means that they are super healthy (we have all heard that a raw diet is good for you) and so easy to make.


You will need:
2 cups of rolled oats (divided in half)
1 cup of dates
½ cup almonds
¼ cup flaxseeds
½ fresh mint
3 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
¼ cocoa nibs
1/3 cup 100% cashew nut butter
2 tsp vanilla essence



raw cacao powder is my new fav health food 

Place one cup of the rolled oats in a bowl of water and leave to soak for about 30 minutes. Then drain.

In a food processor, blitz together the dates and almonds until finely chopped.

Then add the flaxseed, mint leaves and cocoa powder. Blitz together.

Take this mixture and transfer to a bowl. Then add the cup of soaked oats, the dry oats, the cocoa nibs, nut butter and vanilla essence.

Mix well.  Place the mixture into a greased pan/tray and pop it into the fridge for a few hours before cutting up into slices or squares.


make sure you really pat it down well 

Make sure you really push the mixture down into the pan to ensure that it sets properly, otherwise it will be to crumbly when you cut it up.



these slices are vegan friendly too 
wrap them up and take them for a healthy snack to work 


Enjoy! 
X x X

This recipe was inspired from one I saw by An Unrefined Vegan



No comments:

Post a Comment