Thursday 5 June 2014

Beetroot and raspberry smoothie recipe

I am a massive fan of veggie smoothies since a trip where my lovely aunt Miriam where she gave me my first kale smoothie. Since then I have been on a quest to discover more great flavours. There’s been some great ones, like my avocado creation, but there has also been some disasters, like my spinach and cucumber pond like mess.


I topped mine with cocoa nibs 

But this experimental one turned out pretty well! It’s quite a thick one, which is how I like my smoothies, as I feel like I am really consuming my vitamins!!


You will need:

2-3 raw beetroots, peeled and chopped
½ cup frozen raspberries
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 small apples, peeled and cored
2 cups of water
½ to 1 cup of soya milk (optional depending on taste)






In a blender, pop all the ingredients into the jug and blend until smooth

The carrot and beetroot are pretty hard veggies to chop through so you may need to pulse the blender for a bit first to roughly chop it up

make sure you thoroughly wash the beetroot! 


Why is this so good for you???



low in calories and saturated fats but are rich source of dietary fibre and antioxidants. Scientific studies have shown that the antioxidant compounds in these berries have potential health benefits against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neuro-degenerative diseases.

Carrot is one of the most healing foods that provides the finest and highest quality in nutrients, especially from its juice. It is an excellent source of pro-vitamin A, vitamins C, D, E, K, B1 and B6.
It is rich with biotin, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, organic sodium and some trace minerals

Research has shown that beetroot can help reduce blood pressure as well as its associated risks such as heart attacks and strokes


Want more recipes? Try these from my blog...


X x X 




No comments:

Post a Comment