Wednesday 19 November 2014

Nivea Q10 firming body oil: review

The older I am getting, the more I am thinking about beating the signs of ageing. But not just my face. My body too! Whilst you don’t quite get the same wrinkles on your limbs at the same rate as you seem to on your face, I am well aware that skin does also lose its firmness. So I have started using body lotions that offer firming benefits as well as moisturising properties.


Nivea Q10


My favourite one so far is the Q10 firming body oil from Nivea.


With coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and avocado oil, it nourishes and firms skin to firm and soften. We’ll have to trust the science here as only time will tell if it is keeping my skin from sagging!


Some studies and trials have reported that CoQ10 can counteract free radicals and the damage they cause. Free radicals are molecules that have unpaired electrons, making them highly reactive. They can damage cells, particularly in this case your skin cells, causing wrinkles and making your skin appear older. The antioxidants within CoQ10 can withstand and reverse skin damage, preserving the collagen and elastin within your skin cells to make you appear younger!! *


slippery but not sticky! 

I have been using it on semi wet skin to help lock in moisture, and I love the fact that it sinks in quickly and doesn’t leave any stickiness.

the oil sinks in straight away! 

This oil is said to be suitable for all skin types – I have really dry skin and this works wonders for me. Even if you are prone to be more on the oily side, then this should still be good, as it is a dry rather than greasy oil.  When there are other firming moisturisers on the market at a steeper price, at less than £7 a bottle, it is an absolute bargain! I love it! 



X x X



*taken from how stuff works website 

No comments:

Post a Comment