Tuesday 17 December 2013

Lush cream cleanser: review - au naturel and handmade

I seem to be a bit obsessive on facial products at the moment, doing my best to try what’s out there to get my face sparkly clean. Lately I have been sampling a natural cleanser from Lush – Ultrabland facial cleanser.
ultrabland facial cleanser...
said to be the Lush founder's fav product! 

It’s marketed as a beeswax and rose cream cleanser, homemade with fresh ingredients, with ingredients such as almond oil, honey and rose water. Sounds tasty and perhaps the ingredients for a dessert (I am thinking Turkish delight perhaps?!) but being au naturel, I was a bit sceptical about it working.
What’s more, the lady in the shop said that as my face is used to the usual chemical stuff, it may take a while for my skin to get used to it. Hmmm.
Turns out however, that this stuff actually is pretty good and does a thorough and proper job of cleansing my skin. It is quite thick and a touch oily in texture so is probably best for dry skin.
good enough to eat! 

After washing my face as normal, I slather this on, rubbing it in well, and take it off with a hot flannel. I wouldn’t recommend that you use cold water as you need to really get the cleanser off, otherwise you’ll be left with a ‘film’ on the skin.

you'll need about this much for your face and neck

Unlike the caution from the lady in Lush, my skin has gotten used to the cleanser quite quickly, and it has suffered any breakouts!
If you have sensitive skin, it’s really dry or you’re not a fan of chemicals in products that this is worth a try! It is a little on the pricier side of cleansers but the tub seems a generous portion and so hopefully will last well!

X x X




No comments:

Post a Comment