Tuesday 15 October 2013

Barry M berry lipstick in #160: review

I have been loving lip colour the last few weeks and have been opting for a look that focuses less on the eyes (just a slick of black liquid eyeliner) and more on the lips. I recently blogged about a new find, using Revlon’s just bitten kissable balm stains for the first time, and it seems I can’t get enough of painting my lips!

I do tend to stick to similar neutral shades and pinks however but as the gloomier weather is drawing in though, I seem to want to steer more towards deeper and richer colours. I am keen to dip my toe in the “berry” tones and am looking for an almost purple velvety colour. I must confess though, I kind of chickened out and instead opted for a warm pinkish red. Although the colour in the stick looks like the kind of colour I want to be brave enough to flaunt...

Barry M in #160


Barry M in #160

Although not as daring as what I was planning, it is a bit braver than my usual glossy pinks and I am actually loving this rich colour. This one is Barry M ultra moisturising lip paint in #160, a bargain at less than a fiver. And the colour actually lasts! 


Barry M in #160

Believe me, it took a whole day for the squiggle on my hand to disappear, resulting in it looking like I either had a skin condition or was bleeding!

If you like lip colour, take a look at my previous blogs on Revlon's candyfloss pink and hot pink balm stains! 

I am still keen to try and go for a darker, deeper and more berry tone, so if you have any ideas, please leave me a comment and let me know!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment